Cold pasta for hot days. You can use most any vegetable you like. If you have a dinner party, serve the vegetables and sauce on the side in separate bowls so your guests can build their own meals. The recipe is easy to scale up. (Revised May 2023)
12 oz. pasta. I like Linguini or Fettuccine. (To make the pasta easier to cook and eat, you can break the pieces in half by bending the box over the counter. Be sure to stir the pasta when you first put it in the boiling water to stop the pieces from sticking together).
5 or 6 leaves or small heart of Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
4 stalks of celery, sliced
Handful of pea pods, bite size
Cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, de-seeded and sliced 1/4 inch
One tablespoon toasted sesame oil to mix with cold cooked pasta
Cook the pasta in salted water per directions, drain and rinse in cold water, put in your serving bowl and mix with the tablespoon of sesame oil. Refrigerate until well chilled.
When ready, mix the vegetables with the pasta and serve with the sauce on the side.
Peanut Butter Sauce:
Beat together three large spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter (around 1/3 to 1/2 cup) with one tablespoon sugar, two tablespoons real soy sauce, two tablespoons lime juice, two tablespoons rice vinegar , 2 cloves finely minced garlic and a sprinkle or more of cayenne pepper. Add water to blend to the consistency of heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you have an easy to clean jar with a lid, use that to get the peanut butter to mix easily. Just shake it until you have a good consistency.
8/12/2020 12:50:01 pm
Just delicious on a summer night!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Tom David Recipe Blog: Great stove top vegetarian meals for two hungry people. And no advertising!
(1) Pasta, Garlic, Olive Oil and Eggs
(2) White Bean, Pasta and Kalamata Olive Salad
(3) Beans with Pasta and Cherry Tomato
(4) One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
(5) Rigatoni with Tomato and Arugula
(6) Cold Arugula, Basil, Tomato with Hot Pasta
(7) Greek Salad with Pasta and Spinach
(8) Rice with Eggs and Scallions
(9) Curried Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Coconut Soup
(10) Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Dal
(11) Cuban Black Bean Soup
(12) Lentil and Rice Soup
(13) Potato, Pasta and Peppers
(14) Simple White Bean and Pasta Soup
(15) Tofu, Cabbage and Rice
(16) Red Lentil Soup with Chipotle Peppers
(17) Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
(18) One Pot Pasta Alfredo
(19) Costa Rican Beans and Rice
(20) Indian Spiced Red Bean"Masala" and Rice
(21) Festivus Red and Black Bean Tortilla Bowl
(22) Pasta, Pesto, Potatoes and Green Beans
23) Summer Corn Salad w/Lime/Yogurt Dressing
(24) Angel Hair Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
(25) Seib Chalow with Apples
(27) Chinese Tomatoes and Eggs
(28) Cold Asian Pasta Salad
(29) Baby Red Potatoes and Chickpeas
(30) Baby Spinach and Chickpeas on Garlic Toast
(31) Pad Thom
(32) Spicy Potato and Corn Soup
(33) Two Cheese and Lemon Pasta
(34) Kale, Cannellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes
(35) Noodles in Hot and Sour Mushroom Broth
(36) White Beans, Pasta and Parsley with Lemon
(37) Marinated Tomato, Bean and Pasta Salad
(38) Spanish Brown Lentil Salad
(39) Cabbage, Pasta and Red Bean Salad
(40) Corn, Bean and Rice Salad
(41) Bean and Lentil Chili
(42) Kale, Potato and Bean Soup with Kalamata Topping
(44) Black Bean Burger with Baked Potato Wedges
(45) Lemony Red Lentil Soup
(46) Cacio e Pepe
(47) Yo Po Mian
(48) Cabbage Frittata
(49) Mushroom Congee
(50) Pasta and Chickpea Stew
(51) Black Bean Burrito
(52) Poached Egg on Farro
(53) Yellow Split Pea Soup
Carrot, Cheese, and Pickle Sandwich
Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich
Tokyo Butter Rice
Indian Cucumber Raita
Mortar and Pestle Pesto
Ice Cream Cookie