Corn cut from the cob, and a lime/yogurt dressing make this a great summer dinner salad. Find your freshest corn and ripest cherry tomatoes.
3 pieces corn on cob
One can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 pound chunky pasta, shells or similar
Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
Three stalks celery, sliced
Small head or four or five leaves of Romaine lettuce, chopped, or a couple handfuls of baby spinach
Half of red bell pepper, sliced thin
One lime for the dressing, and a small container of plain Greek whole milk or 2% Greek yogurt. We like Fage because of the consistency.
To half a cup of plain Greek yogurt (one 6 oz. container) add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic, the juice of one lime, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, a quarter cup of olive oil, fresh ground pepper and a half teaspoon salt. Add a little cayenne if you are feeling frisky.
Whisk with a fork.
Slice the corn kernels off the cobs, and add them to your boiling pasta for the last minute of cooking.
Drain the pasta and corn in cold water, and add to the other salad ingredients.
Toss with some or all of the dressing when ready to serve. Sprinkle a little cayenne or chili powder for color.
Tom David Recipe Blog: Great vegetarian meals for two hungry people. Every one a winner.
(1) Pasta, Garlic, Olive Oil and Eggs
(2) Black Olive, Pasta and White Bean Salad
(3) Beans with Pasta and Cherry Tomato
(4) One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
(5) Rigatoni with Tomato and Arugula
(6) Cold Arugula, Basil, Tomato with Hot Pasta
(7) Greek Salad with Pasta and Spinach
(8) Rice with Eggs and Scallions
(9) Curried Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Coconut Soup
(10) Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Dal
(11) Cuban Black Bean Soup
(12) Lentil and Rice Soup
(13) Potato, Pasta and Peppers
(14) Simple White Bean Soup
(15) Tofu, Cabbage and Rice
(16) Red Lentil Soup with Chipotle Peppers
(17) Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
(18) One Pot Pasta Alfredo
(19) Costa Rican Beans and Rice
(20) Indian Spiced Red Bean"Masala" and Rice
(21) Red and Black Bean Tortilla Bowl
(22) Pasta, Pesto, Potatoes and Sugar Snap Peas
(23) Corn, Bean and Pasta Summer Salad
(24) Angel Hair Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
(25) Seib Chalow
(26) Mushroom and Scallion Lo Mein
(27) Chinese Tomatoes and Eggs
(28) Cold Asian Pasta Salad
(29) Baby Red Potatoes and Chickpeas
(30) Baby Spinach and Chickpeas on Garlic Toast
(31) Pad Thom
(32) Spicy Potato and Corn Soup
(33) Two Cheese and Lemon Pasta
(34) Kale, Cannellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes
(35) Noodles in Hot and Sour Mushroom Broth
(36) Cannellini, Pasta and Parsley with Lemon
(37) Marinated Tomato, Bean and Ditalini Salad
(38) Spanish Brown Lentil Salad
Carrot, Cheese, and Pickle Sandwich
Mortar and Pestle Pesto