If you can find ripe tomatoes, this is great. No cooking except for the pasta. Thanks to Rose Shulman for the inspiration.
3/4 pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 can of small red beans or your bean of choice, rinsed and drained
1 cup of Ditalini pasta. You can use any small pasta or pearl couscous. I liked the sound of Ditalini.
One large garlic clove, finely minced or put through a press.
1/3 cup chopped basil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
A couple scallions, white parts chopped, green parts 1/2"
Romaine, Spinach or Iceberg to make a bed of greens in your bowl.
A sprinkling of feta cheese
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil and scallions with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of salt and some fresh black pepper. Let it sit at least 15 minutes while you make your pasta. Stir a few times.
When you are ready put the beans in a colander, dump the cooked pasta on top, rinse both with cold water. Then add the pasta and beans to the tomato mixture, and mix well. Make a bed of greens in your bowl, add the mixture, and crumble some feta on top.
Tom David Recipe Blog: Great vegetarian meals for two hungry people. Every one a winner.
(1) Pasta, Garlic, Olive Oil and Eggs
(2) White Bean, Pasta and Kalamata Olive Salad
(3) Beans with Pasta and Cherry Tomato
(4) One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
(5) Rigatoni with Tomato and Arugula
(6) Cold Arugula, Basil, Tomato with Hot Pasta
(7) Greek Salad with Pasta and Spinach
(8) Rice with Eggs and Scallions
(9) Curried Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Coconut Soup
(10) Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Dal
(11) Cuban Black Bean Soup
(12) Lentil and Rice Soup
(13) Potato, Pasta and Peppers
(14) Simple White Bean Soup
(15) Tofu, Cabbage and Rice
(16) Red Lentil Soup with Chipotle Peppers
(17) Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
(18) One Pot Pasta Alfredo
(19) Costa Rican Beans and Rice
(20) Indian Spiced Red Bean"Masala" and Rice
(21) Red and Black Bean Tortilla Bowl
(22) Pasta, Pesto, Potatoes and Sugar Snap Peas
(23) Corn, Bean and Pasta Summer Salad
(24) Angel Hair Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
(25) Seib Chalow
(26) Mushroom and Scallion Lo Mein
(27) Chinese Tomatoes and Eggs
(28) Cold Asian Pasta Salad
(29) Baby Red Potatoes and Chickpeas
(30) Baby Spinach and Chickpeas on Garlic Toast
(31) Pad Thom
(32) Spicy Potato and Corn Soup
(33) Two Cheese and Lemon Pasta
(34) Kale, Cannellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes
(35) Noodles in Hot and Sour Mushroom Broth
(36) Cannellini, Pasta and Parsley with Lemon
(37) Marinated Tomato, Bean and Ditalini Salad
(38) Spanish Brown Lentil Salad
Cabbage, Pasta and Red Bean Salad
Carrot, Cheese, and Pickle Sandwich
Mortar and Pestle Pesto