One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
Sauteing the vegetables first makes this one pan pasta even better. The linguini absorbs the dense flavors as it cooks. You will need to pay attention to the ingredient amounts to make this work. The egg is a tasty option.
12 oz. linguine
12 oz. ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
One medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
One sprig or 4 to 5 large leaves basil, chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
1 1/2 Teaspoons of salt
Ground black pepper
4 cups water
Fresh Parmesan for serving
Saute the chopped onion and minced garlic in the 4 tablespoons olive oil, then add the halved or quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for ten to fifteen minutes or until the tomatoes dissolve, checking every 5 minutes or so to be sure the tomatoes are not sticking to the pan.
Turn the heat off, add the 4 cups water, and relax, maybe have that glass of wine.
When you are ready to go, break the linguini in half by bending the package over the edge of the counter top. Take 12 oz of the linguine, spread it in the pot and turn heat on high. Poke and prod the pasta while cooking to keep the strands separated.
Turn off the heat quickly when there is no more liquid bubbling in the pan, which should take 10 to 12 minutes. It will look as if there is too much liquid, but the water will be absorbed quickly at the end.
Top with a poached egg and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
11/17/2017 06:57:17 am
Tried this before, but did not saute the tomatoes. Will have to try this method and taste the difference. Like the egg on top, too.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Tom David Recipe Blog: Great stove top vegetarian meals for two hungry people. And no advertising!
(1) Pasta, Garlic, Olive Oil and Eggs
(2) White Bean, Pasta and Kalamata Olive Salad
(3) Beans with Pasta and Cherry Tomato
(4) One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
(5) Rigatoni with Tomato and Arugula
(6) Cold Arugula, Basil, Tomato with Hot Pasta
(7) Greek Salad with Pasta and Spinach
(8) Rice with Eggs and Scallions
(9) Curried Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Coconut Soup
(10) Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Dal
(11) Cuban Black Bean Soup
(12) Lentil and Rice Soup
(13) Potato, Pasta and Peppers
(14) Simple White Bean and Pasta Soup
(15) Tofu, Cabbage and Rice
(16) Red Lentil Soup with Chipotle Peppers
(17) Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
(18) One Pot Pasta Alfredo
(19) Costa Rican Beans and Rice
(20) Indian Spiced Red Bean"Masala" and Rice
(21) Festivus Red and Black Bean Tortilla Bowl
(22) Pasta, Pesto, Potatoes and Green Beans
23) Summer Corn Salad w/Lime/Yogurt Dressing
(24) Angel Hair Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
(25) Seib Chalow with Apples
(27) Chinese Tomatoes and Eggs
(28) Cold Asian Pasta Salad
(29) Baby Red Potatoes and Chickpeas
(30) Baby Spinach and Chickpeas on Garlic Toast
(31) Pad Thom
(32) Spicy Potato and Corn Soup
(33) Two Cheese and Lemon Pasta
(34) Kale, Cannellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes
(35) Noodles in Hot and Sour Mushroom Broth
(36) White Beans, Pasta and Parsley with Lemon
(37) Marinated Tomato, Bean and Pasta Salad
(38) Spanish Brown Lentil Salad
(39) Cabbage, Pasta and Red Bean Salad
(40) Corn, Bean and Rice Salad
(41) Bean and Lentil Chili
(42) Kale, Potato and Bean Soup with Kalamata Topping
(44) Black Bean Burger with Baked Potato Wedges
(45) Lemony Red Lentil Soup
(46) Cacio e Pepe
(47) Yo Po Mian
(48) Cabbage Frittata
(49) Mushroom Congee
(50) Pasta and Chickpea Stew
(51) Black Bean Burrito
(52) Poached Egg on Farro
(53) Yellow Split Pea Soup
Carrot, Cheese, and Pickle Sandwich
Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich
Tokyo Butter Rice
Indian Cucumber Raita
Mortar and Pestle Pesto
Ice Cream Cookie