Mac&Cheese for Italian Nobility. This is what it looks like before firing up this really easy Sunday night treat. Butter, whole milk, Parmesan: What's a matta? You scared? Mmmmm.
Ingredients: (Pay attention to pasta and liquid measurements.)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces Linguini pasta
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper is a nice optional addition)
3 cups water
On cup grated Parmesan. Use the 1/4" holes on your box grater.
Use your deep skillet to saute the garlic in the olive oil a minute or two.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the grated Parmesan. Heat to boiling, then turn heat down to a strong simmer. Poke, prod and mix (to keep the pasta from sticking together) until the pasta absorbs the liquid and is creamy, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Turn off heat, add the grated cheese while stirring so the cheese coats the pasta.
Serve hot with a garnish of cilantro or parsley. Add plenty of fresh ground pepper at the table.
Tom David Recipe Blog: Great vegetarian meals for two hungry people. Every one a winner.
(1) Pasta, Garlic, Olive Oil and Eggs
(2) White Bean, Pasta and Kalamata Olive Salad
(3) Beans with Pasta and Cherry Tomato
(4) One Pan Pasta with Poached Egg
(5) Rigatoni with Tomato and Arugula
(6) Cold Arugula, Basil, Tomato with Hot Pasta
(7) Greek Salad with Pasta and Spinach
(8) Rice with Eggs and Scallions
(9) Curried Yellow Split Pea, Potato and Coconut Soup
(10) Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Dal
(11) Cuban Black Bean Soup
(12) Lentil and Rice Soup
(13) Potato, Pasta and Peppers
(14) Simple White Bean Soup
(15) Tofu, Cabbage and Rice
(16) Red Lentil Soup with Chipotle Peppers
(17) Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
(18) One Pot Pasta Alfredo
(19) Costa Rican Beans and Rice
(20) Indian Spiced Red Bean"Masala" and Rice
(21) Red and Black Bean Tortilla Bowl
(22) Pasta, Pesto, Potatoes and Sugar Snap Peas
(23) Corn, Bean and Pasta Summer Salad
(24) Angel Hair Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
(25) Seib Chalow
(26) Mushroom and Scallion Lo Mein
(27) Chinese Tomatoes and Eggs
(28) Cold Asian Pasta Salad
(29) Baby Red Potatoes and Chickpeas
(30) Baby Spinach and Chickpeas on Garlic Toast
(31) Pad Thom
(32) Spicy Potato and Corn Soup
(33) Two Cheese and Lemon Pasta
(34) Kale, Cannellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes
(35) Noodles in Hot and Sour Mushroom Broth
(36) Cannellini, Pasta and Parsley with Lemon
(37) Marinated Tomato, Bean and Ditalini Salad
(38) Spanish Brown Lentil Salad
Cabbage, Pasta and Red Bean Salad
Carrot, Cheese, and Pickle Sandwich
Mortar and Pestle Pesto